May 2020 News:
- Hope Awakens, the online global evangelistic event led by John Bradshaw of It Is Written, ran for one month starting in the middle of April, concluding on May 16. Our team of 25 virtual Bible workers connected with each of the local registrants by phone and/or email, resulting in 18 individuals requesting Bible studies.
- The pastor and elders are in discussion about a possible reopening date, hopefully soon after mid-June. Based on Howard County regulations and safety measures, conducting our services outdoors seems to be the safest option.
- We are ready to apply for building permits from Howard County, but their offices are still closed due to the pandemic. This may delay our building project start date.
- Cami Oetman and Adventist World Radio are holding a Bible study and Bible prophecy series called “Unlocking Bible Prophecies” through June 13.
April 2020 News:
- Nearly two months have passed since most of us have been to church, but Triadelphia keeps going - using mainly Zoom and YouTube.
- HUGE THANK YOUS go to Pastor Sam and Carolina and to Gordon and Pieter for their countless hours on the technology end to bring us our Sabbath morning services. Then there are the flowers, the “sets,” videos from home, prep for the lessons and sermons, playing the piano, special music, children’s stories, video greetings from the “family,” a new camera, and much more. Bunches of Kudos to you all: Andrea, Austin, Beth, Doug, Gabriel, Ganoune, Gerhard, Joël, Josúe, Maigane, Pratap, Pieter, Serah, Susan, Ted, Wesley – and the Almeida, Burdick, Hardinge, Kim, Klingbeil, Pita, Sokupa, Wahlen, Williams and Wilson families. You are ALL a wonderful blessing.
- The architects have sent the “75% completion drawings” and we are ready to begin the Howard County permitting process, but delays are expected with the COVID-19 quarantine situation.
- Twenty-five of our members are Virtual Bible Workers for the evangelistic series, Hope Awakens, led by John Bradshaw, started on Friday, the 17th.
- AY met April 18, via Zoom, with Leena Daniel, Vice President of Programming and Logistics for ANEW – a student-run movement that trains and equips students on secular campuses to be missionaries on their campus. AY is also conducting their own Bible study group on Sabbath afternoons.
- “No Dinner with the Doctor” met virtually April 19. The program included Drs. Maria and Fred presenting simple ways to resist the COVID-19 illness, a cooking demonstration, and a chance for viewers to call in with questions.
- Our treasurer reports that about $380,000 is now in hand for HopeRising!
March 2020 News:
- Although Triadelphia had to cancel all services due to the Coronavirus and “social distancing,” we began live streaming via YouTube both our Adult Sabbath School and the Worship Hour on Sabbath, March 14, with the required ten or fewer participants and abbreviated programs.
- Sabbath School for the children, the church board and other committees are meeting via Zoom. The pastor is sending out a weekly newsletter to keep members informed.
- Triadelphia’s plans for the 50th anniversary celebration on April 11 had to be cancelled. It is hoped to have this special weekend in the Fall.
- Nominating Committee work has been postponed until next year. Everyone will stay in their current positions for another year, unless they need to resign, at which time the church board will work out replacements.
February 2020 News
The Building Committee has met three times with the architects to review the first set of drawings. The 2nd drawings are due back to us about the end of March.
Gerhard Pfandl gave two in-depth presentations on the prophecies of Daniel 2, 7, and 8 on Sabbath afternoons, February 8 and 22. Chantal Klingbeil presented information to the AY group on Sabbath afternoon, February 15, from the Ellen G White Estate.
During worship on February 22, guest speaker Pastor Ali told his miraculous story of being saved from a mob who were trying to kill him for his faith. He showed the steel knife which was intended to penetrate his back. It cut through his shirt but then the blade was bent to a 90 degree angle and cut back out of his shirt - without leaving even a scratch on him! You can watch the sermon (and other Triadelphia sermons) at: Triadelphia Sermons
50th Anniversary Celebration – On April 11, Triadelphia will celebrate 50 years since the land was purchased on which our church now resides. Former members and pastors are being invited back to Triadelphia for this very special Sabbath!